Wednesday 23 December 2009

Three months old (et tres sage)


Our little New Caledonian is 3 months old. She's awesome. She's so big that she's off the top of the French growth charts. At 7.5 kilos (I kid you not), she gets a lot of attention and the top of her Michelin man-style legs get squeezed everyday by passers by. Her response? Well, she smiles of course!

I love all the new vocabulary that has to be learned when something new happens and you living in a non-english speaking country. A new baby as meant learning how to say that you're in labour, that it hurts (I knew that one), how to ask for an epidural...hmmm and that was all before she'd even arrived. One of the nicest things at the moment is the statement I've been getting lots lately 'Elle est sage' - literally that she's wise, but translated better as she's a good baby...happy, smiley and a good sleeper. And yes, very wise!

1 comment:

angelique said...

She is beautiful and I can't wait to have a cuddle when I get back. How is Mr Moustahe? I hope he isn't giving you too much grief. Simon's return has been delayed as he has to go to China so I will see you on the 30th to pick him up.

Hope you are having a fun summer?