Tuesday 9 December 2008

Strawberries

When I think tropical - I think pineapple, coconut and mango.  Before coming to Noumea I'd never have thought strawberries...although I might have thought milkshakes!

When you drive from Noumea out to the airport, or when you go for a Sunday drive out to Paita, there's a mandatory stop - Les Fraisiers de Paita.  They do the best strawberry milkshakes in town and at the moment they have massive platters of big, delicious strawberries.  I reckon that strawberries are one of the best things about Christmas.

So on Sunday we headed out to Dumbea for a swim in the river - the swimming hole we went to was a bit crowded, but the river is beautiful. Max lost it and had a massive sleep in the car so on the way home we stopped for cheeky shakes.  Here's the evidence...

No comments: