Monday 26 January 2009

Long time, no blog


Yes - I've been silent of late.  The main reason why I've been so slack is that I have a job!  I'm working at the SPC. It's a great organisation that does all sorts of things all over the Pacific like health awareness programmes, working on preserving fish numbers (I almost said preserving fish - which would be wrong!) and generally working to bring different and very diverse nations of the Pacific together.  Here's the website www.spc.int/corp.  

It's not for long, just a short contract that began in November and finishes next week.  I'm gathering statistics on things like child mortality, life expectancy and import/export figures.   I've enjoyed being in a workplace again.  Hopefully I'll be able to pick up some more bits and pieces while i'm here.  

Oh - and this is what's on the opposite side of the street from work.  Lots of people store their kayaks at the SPC so they can take them out for a paddle at lunchtime.  What bliss!

No comments: